miércoles, 18 de enero de 2017
martes, 10 de enero de 2017
The students of the IES Don Bosco are going to make a Christmas Tree using recycled materials. The idea is to make round cardboard trays and to fill them with cans (soft drinks, beer, …). The height of the tree is 216 cm.
The height of a can is 11.5 cm and the thickness of the trays is 5 mm. How many trays will they need to make this tree?
The radius of the top tray is 9.5 cm and the radius of the bottom tray is 69 cm. If the difference between the radiuses of two consecutive trays is always the same, what will be that difference and what will be the radius of each tray?
The sequence of these radiuses is a particular type of sequences. Could you find out the name of these sequences?
domingo, 11 de diciembre de 2016
GUESSING YOUR AGE
· Think of a number from 1 to 9.
· Add 5.
· Multiply the result by 50.
· If you have already celebrated your birthday this year, add 1766.
· If you haven’t celebrated your birthday this year, add 1765.
· Finally, subtract the year you was born.
The result is a three-digit number:
- The first digit is the number you thought of.
- The two following numbers are YOUR AGE!!!!
Using algebraic language, explain why this happens.